Madison County, “The Jewel of the Blue Ridge,” is located in Western North Carolina. It is comprised of 12 precincts and 3 towns–Hot Springs, Mars Hill and Marshall. The Madison County Democratic Party strives to elect officials who will work towards:
- An economy that raises income for everyone.
- Education that enables all to adapt and succeed as jobs change which includes passing the 1/4 cent tax increase.
- Bringing broadband Internet to all.
- Affordable health care for everyone and working for solutions to the opiod crisis.
- Preservation of our national environment and our identity as “Jewel of the Blue Ridge.
- A green economy that incorporates solutions to global warming.
- Welcoming diversity and inclusion.
- Bringing ethics back into local, state and national politics.
- Ending racial and political gerrymandering.
- Supporting a women’s right to make decisions regarding her own health care.
- Supporting the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Ensuring humane treatment of all, residents and immigrants alike.
- Preserving the 2nd Amendment in a responsible and reasonable way.
Mission & Values Statement
The Mission of the Democratic Party of Madison County is to defend the ideals expressed in our nation’s founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
Our Values/We Value
- Voting as speech protected by our First Amendment.
- Ethical behavior in our local, state and national politics.
- Free and fair elections.
- An economy that creates a livable income for everyone.
- Education that enables all to adapt and succeed.
- Strong financial support for the public-school system including access to broadband internet for our information needs.
- Equal access to information resources.
- Providing resources and protections for the vulnerable.
- Affordable healthcare.
- A person’s right to make personal health care decisions.
- Protecting our land, air and water.
- Responsible and reasonable preservation of the 2nd
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Social Justice.
- Ending racial barriers to voting.
- Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Treating all human beings with dignity and respect.