Madison County Democratic Party Chair John Gosnell presented Jerry Wallin the Liston B. Ramsey Award.
Jerry Wallin has served Madison County in many roles through the years and continues to serve Madison County today.
Democrats who have announced they are running for US Senate:
Jeff Jackson: https://www.jeffjacksonnc.com
Erica Smith: https://ericaforus.com/
Mission & Values Statement
The Mission of the Democratic Party of Madison County is to defend the ideals expressed in our nation’s founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
Our Values/We Value
- Voting as speech protected by our First Amendment.
- Ethical behavior in our local, state and national politics.
- Free and fair elections.
- An economy that creates a livable income for everyone.
- Education that enables all to adapt and succeed.
- Strong financial support for the public-school system including access to broadband internet for our information needs.
- Equal access to information resources.
- Providing resources and protections for the vulnerable.
- Affordable healthcare.
- A person’s right to make personal health care decisions.
- Protecting our land, air and water.
- Responsible and reasonable preservation of the 2nd
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Social Justice.
- Ending racial barriers to voting.
- Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Treating all human beings with dignity and respect.