There are three ways you can register to vote or change your address or political party.
1) Online at the NC Department of Transportation website
If you have a NC driver’s license or a non-operator ID card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, you can register or change your information online. Visit payments.ncdot.gov and follow these steps:
- On the first page, click the blue “Continue to myNCDMV Services” button
- On the next page, click “Continue as a guest”
- On the next page, click “Submit a Voter Registration Application”
- Enter voter registration information on the following pages, then click “Submit”
Watch a short video from Democracy NC on how to register online.
2) Download a registration form and mail or hand-deliver it to the Board of Elections
If you don’t have a driver’s license or a non-operator ID card, visit the NC State Board of Elections web site and follow these steps:
- Download and print a voter registration form
- Fill it out – here’s a handy tip sheet
- Mail or hand-deliver it to Madison County Board of Elections, P.O. Box 142 Marshall, NC 28753
- Your form MUST be delivered by 5pm on April 22, 2022
Enter your info into an easy to use online form and register to vote will send you a completed voter registration form in the mail, along with a stamped envelope addressed to your local board of elections. The pre-printed forms help reduce errors. so this is a great service if you have time to use it.
4) Same day registration at any Early Voting site
You can register to vote/update your information – and vote at the same time – at any Early Voting site using “Same Day Registration”. You will need to bring identification verifying your name and address. Click here to find out what you need.