The deadline to register to vote or make changes for the Nov 8th 2022 General election is Oct 14th unless you vote during Early Voting.
There are three ways you can register to vote or change your address or political party.
1) Online at the NC Department of Transportation website
If you have a NC driver’s license or a non-operator ID card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, you can register or change your information online. Visit payments.ncdot.gov and follow these steps:
- On the first page, click the blue “Continue to myNCDMV Services” button
- On the next page, click “Continue as a guest”
- On the next page, click “Submit a Voter Registration Application”
- Enter voter registration information on the following pages, then click “Submit”
Watch a short video from Democracy NC on how to register online.
2) Download a registration form and mail or hand-deliver it to the Board of Elections
If you don’t have a driver’s license or a non-operator ID card, visit the NC State Board of Elections web site and follow these steps:
- Download and print a voter registration form
- Fill it out – here’s a handy tip sheet
- Mail or hand-deliver it to Madison County Board of Elections, P.O. Box 142 Marshall, NC 28753
- Your form MUST be delivered by 5pm on Oct 14th 2022
Enter your info into an easy to use online form and register to vote will send you a completed voter registration form in the mail, along with a stamped envelope addressed to your local board of elections. The pre-printed forms help reduce errors. so this is a great service if you have time to use it.
4) Same day registration at any Early Voting site
You can register to vote/update your information – and vote at the same time – at any Early Voting site using “Same Day Registration”. You will need to bring identification verifying your name and address. Click here to find out what you need.