How to use Social Media
The letters sections of newspapers and magazines are a prime forum for getting your message across to a wide audience. Letters to the editor in local and regional papers are read by local activists, government officials, legislators and many community members. Your letter can support and expand on something already in the news, make a point that was omitted or disagree with/correct misinformation from a news story, editorial or another letter. Writing a Letter to the Editor will lead you through the process with tips, pointers and suggestions.
How to use Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/
How to use Instagram: https://www.cheatsheet.com/gear-style/how-to-use-instagram.html/
How to use Twitter: https://support.twitter.com
Mission & Values Statement
The Mission of the Democratic Party of Madison County is to defend the ideals expressed in our nation’s founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
Our Values/We Value
- Voting as speech protected by our First Amendment.
- Ethical behavior in our local, state and national politics.
- Free and fair elections.
- An economy that creates a livable income for everyone.
- Education that enables all to adapt and succeed.
- Strong financial support for the public-school system including access to broadband internet for our information needs.
- Equal access to information resources.
- Providing resources and protections for the vulnerable.
- Affordable healthcare.
- A person’s right to make personal health care decisions.
- Protecting our land, air and water.
- Responsible and reasonable preservation of the 2nd
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Social Justice.
- Ending racial barriers to voting.
- Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Treating all human beings with dignity and respect.