State & District News
Democrats who have announced they are running for US Senate:
Jeff Jackson: https://www.jeffjacksonnc.com/
Richard L. Watkins: Richard L. Watkins
Democrats who have announced that they are running for NC District 11:
Jasmine Beach-Ferrara: https://jasmineforcongress.
Josh Remillard: http://www.joshremillard.com/
NC 11 Democratic Party
Democratic Party Events Coming Up
February 27th-2021 Winter State Executive Committee Meeting
March 13 & 20 –Scheduled two dates for the 2021 Precinct meetings.
March 20th will be serving as the scheduled back-up date.
Agenda includes election of Precinct Officer and County Convention Delegates.
April 7 – District 11 Bi-Monthly Meeting, 6:30 pm
April 10 – County Conventions.
Agenda includes the election of Party Officers, District Convention Delegates, and State Executive Committee Members.
April 17 – County Convention Make-Up (if needed)
– Saturday, April 17th2021 (Makeup Date) County Convention Meeting
May 22 – District Convention. Agenda includes election of Party Officers.
August 7 – Summer NCDP State Executive Committee Meeting
District Clusters-Madison County is part of a 3 County Cluster.
Clusters meet to discuss information relevant to Haywood, Madison and Yancey Counties.
They share resources, offer training opportunities and hold events together.
You can find out more information about the Haywood County Democratic Party on their website: Haywood County Democrats
Want information about state Democratic Party Events? Look no further! NCDP
Keep up with what is going on in District 11! NC District 11
Mission & Values Statement
The Mission of the Democratic Party of Madison County is to defend the ideals expressed in our nation’s founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
Our Values/We Value
- Voting as speech protected by our First Amendment.
- Ethical behavior in our local, state and national politics.
- Free and fair elections.
- An economy that creates a livable income for everyone.
- Education that enables all to adapt and succeed.
- Strong financial support for the public-school system including access to broadband internet for our information needs.
- Equal access to information resources.
- Providing resources and protections for the vulnerable.
- Affordable healthcare.
- A person’s right to make personal health care decisions.
- Protecting our land, air and water.
- Responsible and reasonable preservation of the 2nd
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Social Justice.
- Ending racial barriers to voting.
- Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Treating all human beings with dignity and respect.