It’s important for all of us to make our voices heard! It can be done by contacting your legislators, writing letters to the editor, or using any of these ways that are quick and easy. Speak out…NOW & OFTEN! Let the people making the decisions that affect your life and that of others that we are out there, watching them and holding them accountable.
FAX ZERO–fax zero a free fax service that you can use to fax your congressmen.
5 Calls–Make Your Voice Heard–5 Calls is the easiest and most effective way for citizens to make an impact in national and local politics.
Postcards to voters, Send registered voters postcards to encourage them to get out and vote. You do not have to be artistic to draw your postcards! It’s fun and easy!
Resistbot This is an excellent resource for QUICK contact with representatives at all levels! Try it out! You’ll be surprised how easy it is!
StampsLicked Stampslicked.orgWrite letters to your senators and “Herd On the Hill” will hand deliver them to their offices.
Concerned about guns and gun safety? Check out these sites and take action!
Everytown is an excellent resource for gun related actions. Everytown for Gun Safety is an American nonprofit organization which advocates for gun control and against gun violence. It provides statistics, events, and testimonials by those most initimately impacted by the lack of sensible gun ownership in our country.
Giffords Law CenterAt Giffords Law Center, our legal experts research, write, and defend the laws, policies, and programs proven to save lives from gun violence.
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America was created to demand action from legislators, state and federal, companies, and educational institutions to establish common-sense gun reform. There is a local chapter and you can take action right here at home.
Concerned about poverty and justice in our country? The Justice Center mission is to eliminate poverty in North Carolina by ensuring that every household in the state has access to the resources, services, and fair treatment it needs to achieve economic security.
Want to know what’s going on and who to watch regarding the policies that affect North Carolina. NC Policy Watch, a project of the North Carolina Justice Center, is a news and commentary outlet dedicated to informing the public — including elected officials as they debate important issues — and ultimately to improving the quality of life for all North Carolinians.
Mission & Values Statement
The Mission of the Democratic Party of Madison County is to defend the ideals expressed in our nation’s founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
Our Values/We Value
- Voting as speech protected by our First Amendment.
- Ethical behavior in our local, state and national politics.
- Free and fair elections.
- An economy that creates a livable income for everyone.
- Education that enables all to adapt and succeed.
- Strong financial support for the public-school system including access to broadband internet for our information needs.
- Equal access to information resources.
- Providing resources and protections for the vulnerable.
- Affordable healthcare.
- A person’s right to make personal health care decisions.
- Protecting our land, air and water.
- Responsible and reasonable preservation of the 2nd
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Social Justice.
- Ending racial barriers to voting.
- Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Treating all human beings with dignity and respect.