VOTE! It’s up to YOU!
Senior Voting Guide (RetireGuide)–Info on many topics of relevance to senior voters
Are You Registered to Vote?
So you think you registered to vote, but it’s been awhile? You can check your registration status here.
Absentee Ballot Information
Voting by Mail is easy! Here’s what you have to do:
Start by submitting a Mail-In Ballot Request form! This request form lets Election officials know they should send you a ballot for the 2020 election. The deaYou can submit your Request Form lots of different ways! Pick the one that makes the most sense for you:
Through e-mail: Complete the form and send it to your local County Board of Elections e-mail.
By fax? Complete the form and send it to your local County Board of Elections Fax Number
In person: Complete the form and drop it off at your local County Board of Elections.
Through the mail: Complete the form and mail it to your local County Board of Elections.
*To find your County Board of Elections contact information and address click here.Deadline to request an absentee ballot is Tuesday, October 27th
Polling place information available here. https://vt.ncsbe.gov/PPLkup/
The Madison County Board of Elections website includes everything from voting information to almost any aspect of Madison County elections . This is a comprehensive guide to departments, people to contact on various issues and other items pertinent to voting.
The Madison County government website provides voter resources and other valuable and pertinent information.
Madison County League of Women Voters is an active organization that holds voter registration drives, sponsors candidate forums and debates, and educates the public about their rights on election day. It is an advocate for positive change at all levels of government and works toward ensuring that every vote is counted.
Vote.org has information for all 50 states as well as a guide to your voting rights. It provides text messages when there is an election coming up for which you are eligible to vote. It will check your voter registration from time to time.
Voter Registration provides easy access to registering to vote.
whoismyrepresentative.com helps you find your member of Congress. Enter your zipcode or state to search the database for information and contact numbers for your representatives. It will also provide links to various other information regarding your politician.
Mission & Values Statement
The Mission of the Democratic Party of Madison County is to defend the ideals expressed in our nation’s founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
Our Values/We Value
- Voting as speech protected by our First Amendment.
- Ethical behavior in our local, state and national politics.
- Free and fair elections.
- An economy that creates a livable income for everyone.
- Education that enables all to adapt and succeed.
- Strong financial support for the public-school system including access to broadband internet for our information needs.
- Equal access to information resources.
- Providing resources and protections for the vulnerable.
- Affordable healthcare.
- A person’s right to make personal health care decisions.
- Protecting our land, air and water.
- Responsible and reasonable preservation of the 2nd
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Social Justice.
- Ending racial barriers to voting.
- Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Treating all human beings with dignity and respect.